Provide administrative and technical support to assist in advancing edge-of-field (EOF) conservation practices (saturated buffers, bioreactors, multi-purpose oxbows, water quality wetlands) throughout the State. Temporary, Full-time, position from May 2023 to August 2023; potential for part-time employment following initial term.
- Coordinate with IDALS staff and partners within the state to increase outreach with prospective landowners and partners to advance EOF practices.
- Technical support may include: conducting on-site visits, landowner contacts, survey information gathering, design services and construction oversight/checkout.
- Analyze, track and report activities conducted to show effectiveness of these projects and practices.
- Provide administrative assistance to staff regarding project management and financial tracking
- Salary: $37,980.80 - $55,598.40 Annually
- Location: Malcom – 50157 - Poweshiek County, IA
- Job Type: Full-time
- Closing: 2/7/2023 11:59 PM Central
The Field Services Bureau seeks to fill the position of Conservation Assistant (Secretary 2). Land stewardship is central to the work of the Department. The Division of Soil Conservation & Water Quality provides farmers with expertise and funds to help them install practices that preserve our highly productive soil, prevent erosion and protect our critical waterways. The Department is focused on making sure future Iowans can experience the same high quality of life that past generations have enjoyed in our state. The Conservation Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the Soil & Water Conservation District (SWCD), SWCD board members, and field office staff.
- Salary: $64,480.00 - $98,904.00 Annually
- Location: Corning - 50841 - Adams County, IA
- Job Type: Full-time
- Closing: 2/5/2023 11:59 PM Central
The State District Veterinarian will work in the assigned geographical district as an assistant to the State Veterinarian and as a representative of the Animal Industry Bureau. The District Veterinarian will act as an assistant to the State Veterinarian overseeing and providing direction to veterinarians and producers for the purpose of protecting the health of Iowa livestock, producers and consumers. Domicile may be adjusted within the assigned territory at the time of hire. (Required: Current Iowa Veterinarian License and valid driver’s license.)