Guidance for In-person Pesticide Exam Sites During COVID-19
Issued August 25, 2020
COVID-19 is currently circulating in Iowa communities. All Iowa businesses have a responsibility to take measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. It is critical that in-person pesticide testing sites offer crucial testing services while instituting immediate changes to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the public and site staff. The Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS) developed the following exam procedures for in-person exam applicants using public health guidelines. Testing resumes at the ISU Extension Offices in Black Hawk, Cerro Gordo, Dallas, Dubuque, Johnson, Scott and Woodbury counties. Pre-registration is required.
Schedule Outline for In-person Exam Sites
- There will be three in-person exam periods scheduled per site per day. Each time slot will have applicants scheduled, as determined by site location capacity with social distancing (6 ft).
- The exam sessions are 90 minutes in length. The first session will start at 9:00 AM. The second exam session will start at 11:00 AM. The third exam session will start at 1:00 PM. The end of the third session will be 2:30 PM.
All exams will be scheduled in advance of the exam date using the following web link:
- The examinee must agree to follow this entire protocol, prior to registering for an exam.
- The examinee will be asked the following questions. If the examinee answers “yes” to any of the questions, they will not be able to sign-up for an in-person exam site until further notice.
- if within the last 2 weeks they have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- if they have a fever or respiratory illness.
- if they have shortness of breath.
- if they have been ill or is visibly showing signs of illness (sore throat, coughing or sneezing).
- An examinee can only schedule one 1.5-hour exam session per day and must identify what exams they wish to take (up to 3 maximum). No changes to exams can be made at the exam site and must be submitted through the online sign-up system.
- Exam sessions are non-transferrable to other persons.
- Examinees will need to agree to abide by social distancing guidelines of maintaining a 6-ft distance between persons while at the exam site.
- Examinees acknowledges that exam sites are owned and operated by Iowa State University Extension and that these sites may choose to implement site-specific polices for use by the general public, requiring additional public health guidelines, use of face masks, etc. Any member of the general public wishing to enter these sites must be willing to adhere to these policies.
- In an effort to support on-going use of exam sites and in adherence with public health guidelines, IDALS strongly recommends all examinees wear face masks while in the exam site.
- All applicants must bring two pencils, personal calculator, and government-issued ID.
- Applicant will arrive at the site location at their scheduled time and stop at the check-in point.
- Applicants that arrive at the site early should remain in their vehicle until their scheduled exam time.
- IDALS staff will meet the applicant and ask the applicant to display their government-issued ID. IDALS staff will practice social distancing at sites and maintain a 6 ft. distance.
- Examinees will return all exam materials to IDALS staff. Any personal items (pencil or calculator) should be kept.
- Applicants will be notified of their exam scores by email within 2 business days. Please do not contact the office prior to 2 business days.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need more information