2021 Summer Internships available now!
Districts Hosting Interns
- Buena Vista
- Types of work activities are up to each SWCD to decide, but it should be a diversified set of activities that supports the mission of DSCWQ, SWCDs and supporting partners.
- Examples might include: practice layout and checkout, conservation planning, mapping, landowner contacts, news articles, water monitoring, urban conservation, resource inventory and other conservation projects.
- The intern must be enrolled in college or recent graduate majoring in a field of study related to agriculture, conservation, engineering, construction trades, GIS, communications, public relations or urban planning
- Interns will be required to attend one intern meeting to discuss the Partnership
- Interns will be required to complete a special project for the District such as hosting a field day or informational meeting, organizing an outreach event or other approved activity
- Interns will be required to develop a “wrap up” presentation for the commissioners outlining their experiences as an intern
How to apply