Who Can Get a Loan?
Loans can be made to homeowners, developers or businesses. The applicant must designate and have a commitment from the entity responsible for the long-term maintenance of the stormwater quality practices. Pollution prevention measures required in National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits are NOT eligible.
What Projects Can Be Funded?
The program provides low-interest loans to private entities for implementing environmentally responsible strategies for stormwater management. These include:
- Infiltration practices, soil quality restoration, native landscaping
- Bioretention cells, bioswales and rain gardens
- Pond / wetland system
- Grassed waterways
- Permeable paving systems
- Green roofs
What are the Loan Terms?
- Loan amounts start from $5,000
- Terms up to 20 years
- Can fund up to 100% of eligible project costs
- Interest rates capped at 3% for life of the loan
- Applications accepted anytime
- Available through the lender of your choice
How to Apply?
The application process is coordinated through the Division of Soil Conservation and Water Quality (DSCWQ) and Soil and Water Conservation Districts (SWCD). All projects should must meet project milestones listed on the application and receive notification of approval before proceeding to financing.